Saturday, June 15, 2019

Just Us—Day 5


Today has just been us...no workers...which is what I expected.  I debated on whether to give the day a number, but I decided that it was a day without a kitchen so it counted! Nathan and Graham came over and got the dishwasher.  We are hoping that we can find someone who is in need of one rather than just throwing it out.  I went in search of how old it was and like most things...we had had it longer than I realized...since 2003.  BUT it really is in good condition and I really liked it...just wanted all the appliances to match since we were going to all the trouble of remodeling the kitchen.  The one point that probably the dishwasher has in its favor...we have never run it with the drying setting.  We always air dried the dishes...so that element hasn't been worn out...also just being the two of us we rarely ran it every day.  Anyway, I think that it has some more years in it.  We will see if anyone else thinks thus!

We changed the AC filters today figuring that we needed to get rid of what dust had filtered through in the first four days of renovation and can do it again shortly!  Nathan put in the one that is overhead at the head of the stairs.  And, Woody took the washable one out and hosed it down good and got it dry in the sun.  So new filters are in place.  I vacuumed some more and dusted a bit.  I also vacuumed off the pillows on the front porch and sat out there for a while.  It was a warm day, but in the shade of the porch and with the breeze that was blowing, it was very pleasant.  Isaac spent time with us.  He was planning an upcoming sleepover with us that he and Joseph are going to have.  Joseph came over for a while, too.  Joy and Esther made their presence known also...they painted a bit, as did Isaac, and Joy also started a sewing project making a bag of some sort.  I was taking an afternoon siesta during part of their activity!

Woody made his weekly trek to the library.  This evening I managed to cook hamburgers on the George Foreman-type grill.  While I made a few more than the two for our supper so all we have to do the next time is heat them up.  The dishes have been done for this evening.  I will be ever so glad to have my kitchen work triangle back...this going from one place to another in the house looking for utinsels and then preparing in one room and then cooking in another is for the birds!

Tonight's barn has been seen on the blog previously...but it has a part in the kitchen renovation which will be revealed later!

No comments:

Post a Comment