Friday, June 21, 2019

Sanded and Primed—Day 11

Just realized that tonight's photo is a bit blurry...I think that you can grt thr gist that the ceiling is now white!  The phase 2 crew came this morning and sanded the ceiling and then put a coat of primer on.  Hopefully Monday they will come back and sand again and then put the first cost of paint on....I guess let it dry for an allotted time and then come back and do the second coat.  They told me today that they are working on another house nearby so it works out well to back and forth between the two.  The ceiling definitely looks good to this point.  Tonight's picture also shows the new cord that I bought for our wall phone...I know "no one has corded phones these days...but we still do and will continue to do so.  The new phone also came, but I'm going to wait to hang it up till remodeling mess is finished and no more construction dust is flying about!

I got up this morning and set to work on making chicken noodle soup in my crockpot.  It was ready for Woody's lunch by the time Woody got back from running errands with his friend who has no transportation.  While I was still putting the soup together he went to the grocery store for us.  So he had a busy day of shopping today!  He had also spent a lot of time outside on this longest day of the year weeding and mulching!  Happy Summer!  And, it has felt like summer today...hot and humid!  We have storms heading our way later this evening.  We are under a severe thunderstorm watch...meaning that conditions are right for one...and I can see the storm approaching on the radar.

Kathy and their oldest four arrived home safely after spending the week at Student Lifr Camp.  It was
Esther's first time to go to the youth camp and she came home full of tales!  She and I and her kitties spent some time on our front porch while she told me all about it.  She definitely had a great time!  And, Kathy did too...now the other three...well, I haven't heard from them as they were napping when Esther was talking to me.  Esther said that she slept the whole way home so she wasn't sleepy...but that the others hadn't so they went to sleep shortly after they got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment