Thursday, June 6, 2019

It's a Start!

We have gotten some drizzles of rain...so we have a start on replenishing some of the much needed moisture for our yards, gardens, etc. We finally got enough to come down that the whole street got wet including the places that are heavily shrouded with tree branches.  It is supposed to rain harder over the next few days.

It has been a stay in day for me.  Woody did venture out and got a hair cut.  But the rest of the day he has stayed inside too.  I have been trying to work on putting things away that are out on end tables and shelves that probably don't need to be exposed to construction dust. I had been wanting to put away some of the dolls that I have that I  inherited from my Aunt Lois.  That meant going into a closet and taking out items so I could get back to the boxes that I store them in.  I ended up doing that today.  I only left out three dolls...two that I sew for and have some plans to do some sewing for them so left them out.  The rest got tucked away for a much deserved rest!  I realized today that I probably need to take down my spoon collection and my cup and saucer collection as they are on walls that will be jarred by construction.  I keep thinking of more and more things that need to be moved or tucked away...and there is just so many places left to tuck things away!!  Pretty soon we won't be able to move around in the rooms that we are occupying! I also need to find a safe place for my Loara Standish sampler that resides in a prominent place in the dining room...definitely too close to construction mess.  I just keep moving and rearranging things!  Not sure that I am accomplishing much!

Today has been a day to communicate with friends and family who are traveling.  Talked with my sister and she shared that her granddaughter was home safely from a school trip to D.C. and New York City. Talked with ones winging their way to Seattle on their way to cruise to Alaska, some
heading New York way with a bus tour group, and some heading "sort of" toward's their home after a week in Florida...in a round about way. Must be summer with all the travelers communicating with me! And, here we sit waiting on more rain and renovation to start!  Guess we are settling in for a "staycation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment