Thursday, June 13, 2019

Switches and Outlets—Day 3


I heard the workers say that the electrical work was done!  We have lots of new outlet and switch plates...LOTS!  I have been away most of the day so missed most of the renovation action today.  Woody sat in his chair watching the progress or outside weeding the gardens.

I went out to breakfast with friends.  We had lots to talk about from weddings to upcoming vacations to kitchen renovation!  We filled in quite a few hours visiting and catching up.  Always fun to get together.  Just before I left I made decisions for the outlet and switch plate for color and types...had no idea there was much of a choice!  I never paid attention that sometimes the plug place is rounded and sometimes square!  I got rounded as we have that style in the rest of the house.  And, I did switch to white because our motion sensitive switch that Nathan put in for us is white and also our new phone is probably going to be white.  So more decisions made.  I made those decisions before I left and when I got back they had all been changed and new plugs had been added and one had been moved that would have been covered up by the new pantry.  The next job was to move on to getting a water line over to the other side of the kitchen for the refrigerator...we had never had our refrigerator icemaker connected because we didn't have a water source.  I was surprised to see them cut out an opening in the current ceiling to run the water source through there.  That task was left to be completed when they return tomorrow.  Woody has been surprised as to how much electrical work has gone on.  I'm still amazed that it has all gotten underway!  Today while I was gone, the contractor stopped to check on things as well as the person in charge of the two workers who are working.  So we have been a bit like Grand Central Station today...lots of folk coming and going.

A little after I got home, I headed off to get my hair cut...didn't forget this time!  After the workmen left today, Woody suggested that I vacuum up some of the inevitable white dust.  They lay down a tarp between the kitchen and the front door so they won't track too much...but some of that dust was getting tracked into the family room.  So I vacuumed the dining room, kitchen, and family room.  We decided that it would be good to mop up what wouldn't come up in the kitchen to lesson the dust at the moment.  And, that did help...till they start work tomorrow!  I heard that they may be able to start work on the ceiling tomorrow once they get the water line run.  Here at the end, I'll post a picture of the tuneling that they have done in the ceiling and walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment