Monday, June 3, 2019

Fulfilling My Grammy Duties

I'm late blogging tonight because I got elected, by process of elimination, to go to a softball meeting. Kathy and Nathan were out of pocket and Woody had Furnace Room Prayer meeting...so it fell to me to attend a middle school girls' softball team meeting.  I was sort of a fish out of water...but I guess I got the information needed.  Esther is on what they are calling the "B" team.  They are going to work with the "B" team pretty much like they work with the varsity and junior varsity teams.  Should be good for improvement of softball skills and a better chance for her to make the team next year when they have tryouts.

I got up this morning and decided that it would be a cooking day.  I decided that I wanted a pasta dish that Woody isn't supposed to eat...one with tomatoes in the sauce...so I made one pasta dish for me and another for Woody.  Made mine before lunch and his after lunch...kept me busy for several hours.

Woody helped me with some of the cooking dishes...and the dishwasher helped with the rest!  He visited with one of his Deacon Care families this afternoon.  Then he and I drove across town so I would know where the ball field was for tonight's meeting.  I have lived her for 50 years and had never seen the middle school on the other side of town!  And, he didn't know where the softball field was so we both saw new territory in a Tullahoma today!  I found out that the softball field at the middle school is THE softball field for the high school girls' softball field...which is shared with the middle school girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment