Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Too Spongy—Day 8

The phase 2 work crew came this afternoon and declared the mudding still not dry...still spongy...so we wait till tomorrow to see if they can do the next step in the mudding.  I guess this is one of the places that were mentioned where the work slows waaaay down!  This whole renovation process seems to be a lesson in patience!  The only change in the kitchen is that the phase 1 work crew came and picked up some of their tools so there is less along the wall...the only addition is the box fan that I borrowed from Nathan hoping that it would encourage the drying.  I figure that it can't hurt.

I spent the night next door with the two youngest boys.  I slipped over her early this morning while they were still asleep to make sure that Woody was up and getting ready to head out.  He had an appointment with his infectious disease doctor at Vanderbilt.  We had pretty much decided last week that I wouldn't go with him this time since the kitchen renovation had started and that one of us needs to be here to let workers in and answer any questions that they might have.  Then when I found out about Elijah's camping sleepover and the need for someone to stay with the little boys, that cinched the fact that I wasn't going to go.  His appointment was a very quick one today...in and out.  She seemed pleased with how he is doing and she will take him off one of the antibiotics in three months.

This afternoon I spent quite a while cooking chicken in our air fryer...it is possible...and, the chicken turned out quite well.  I was glad that I had made it in the air fryer once before and had left instructions in my recipe app on how to do it!  It looked good enough that Nathan didn't turn down some for his and the three boys for their supper.  Elijah was looking pretty tired late this afternoon...feeling the effects of the late hour he got to sleep at his camping sleepover. Sounds like they had a really good time...kayaking, swimming, fishing, hiking, etc. And, Nathan was very glad that it didn't rain till early this morning.  It has rained off and on throughout the day—one reason the mudding on the ceiling is having a hard time drying.  I think that I am hearing rain on the roof once again.  Well, I guess I will go wash my dishes...all this cooking and cleaning up improvising may get old before we have a kitchen once again...but so far the improvising is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment