Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Will Wonders Never Cease?



Mid morning the phone rang...Woody answered it and called upstairs that it was for me.  Surprisingly enough it was the contractor's assistant.  And, her words were what I have been waiting to hear!  They will start taking out the cabinets this coming week.  They will call me back at the end  of the week to tell us what day they will start.  Gulp!  I guess it is REALLY going to happen.

I did do some more removing things from the cabinets and drawers.  And, have been planning in my head just the best way to exist during the renovation time.  Things like where to put the microwave and what I might be able to prepare ahead of time for us to eat.  And, how to use up what we have in the refrigerator so there will be less things to have to put in the fridge and freezer next door.  Anyway, my mind is working over time!

This morning I went to work in the library.  I'm the only one going in this week so decided to work this morning as there was a possibility of rain this afternoon and then a better chance tomorrow.  The rain this afternoon was only a drizzle...hopefully tomorrow will bring the needed drinks for our plants.  Boy is the air thick with humidity this evening...hope some drops can be squeezed out of that wet, heavy air!  I did some deadheading of my flowers today and a good soaking would really help them.

Woody has been doing a lot of reading.  He picked up a book of an author that he likes a week ago and ended up reading it so quickly that he stopped by the library on Monday returned the one he had
read and got a couple more by the same author.  He has already read one of those and is well on his
way through the second one.  Between the TV and his book, I'm sure that he will be quietly occupied this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment