Saturday, June 8, 2019

Still Raining!

We have actually had quite a few downpours since yesterday.  Really good soaking rain, too.  Nice to hear the rain on the roof after a three week dry spell.

Woody went to the library in the rain.  He got more books from the author that he is enjoying at the moment.  I finished an e-book and am almost finished with a "real" book (book you can hold in your hand and turn pages!).  I have also continued to empty things in the kitchen...did not hear from the contractor so still don't know what day they will begin.  But figure that I had better be ready in case they just show up.  I have left the drawers till the last so started emptying them today.  I'm trying to keep handy things that we use the most and then have the other cooking utinsels where I can get to them if I need them.  We'll set up a little cooking station in the family room using our small kitchen dropleaf table. We can put the microwave and other items on it.

I have spent quite a bit of time cooking today...figure that I won't have to do much cooking other than warming food up for most of the rest of the week .  I thought that I might freeze some of what I made today, but in the end decided that we will just eat on this till it is gone and then come up with something else after that.  With Woody's strict diet we can't very easily do convenience foods during this renovation time.  If necessary I can do a little cooking next door.  I may make a meat loaf tomorrow and cook some hamburger patties...both those will freeze well and we can pull them out when needed.  Then there are salads, fruit, veggies, etc. that can fill in the chinks as well.  Not sure when we will lose the refrigerator.  At that point we will have to put things next door in Nathan and Kathy's freezer and fridge.

Speaking of next door...they are home.  They have been gone for just about two weeks.  They had a family vacation along with a couple of ministry opportunities on their way home from the vacation.  They pulled in late this afternoon.  With big smiles still on their faces after going to Disney World for the first time as a family...the children had never gone before.  We had taken Melany and Nathan many years ago.  Not sure if Kathy had been before or not.  They had a marvelous time.  They all discovered their love for roller coasters (didn't get that love from me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment