Friday, June 28, 2019

Paint and Floor—Day 18



The first thing that our workers did this morning was paint the trim.  And, then painted the ceiling.  I think that he may be planning one more coat on the trim and he has a couple of places to touch up...of course, there may be more places to touch up after the cabinets get placed.  The contractor stopped by this morning to check on things and to pick up any trash that might have been left, but there wasn't any.  Our workers have been very neat.  I was told that the cabinets go in on Monday...sounds good!  After lunch they finished the second coat on the ceiling and then got busy on the floor.  Before they left they taped down paper for a path for us to walk on over the weekend.  I took a quick picture of the floor before they covered it up with paper...but the sun was really coming in the west window and the sunlight was right in the middle of the floor when I snapped the picture.  I am pleased at the present as to how all is going together.  The gold paint will tame down a bit when the cabinets go in...at least I think it will!  If you can see that there is something on the window, I have taped samples of possible honeycomb blinds.  

Woody headed off early to get our groceries before he had an appointment.  After he got home from his appointment he sat down for a couple of minutes and then headed off to run errands with his friend.  That took quite a few hours.  He got home well after lunch.  I had out his lunch in the family room so he could get when he got home.  It was hard to go out in the kitchen today due to so much activity...so I got his lunch out when the workers were at lunch so he could heat it up when he got home.  

But definitely progress has been made on the kitchen this week!  Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  The appliance salesman called me this morining with good news...there was a sale and my total will be less than what he had quoted me!  Sounded like good news to both of us!  Then he said that all the appliances would arrive this coming week  except for the refrigerator...not the best news, but I think that it will work out okay...it doesn't have to fit into the cabinets that there will be counter top.  I know that they wanted appliances close to the time that the counter goes on.  But all I can say is that it isn't my fault that it might be later than they want...as I ordered it as soon as the contractor told me to. We've also got the Fourth to fit in in the middle of the week. The refrigerator will get here when it gets here and any delay will just have to be worked around! I have a few things to buy at Lowe's before the workers get back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment