Saturday, June 29, 2019

Background Details—Day 19

 Tonight, on a "no-forward-progress" day, I will go backward and explain a little about how I came up with what I chose to do in the kitchen.  From the start I wanted it to be in tones of a warm yellow/gold.  And, quite a few months back I saw a set of dishes that were for sale on one of the local internet markets.  I contacted the seller and found out that they lived in Murfreesboro.  Melany lives in Murfreesboro so I enlisted her and Wade to be my go-betweens!  They made the purchase for me...and that is the way that I came up with the tone of yellow that I wanted.  I checked the dishes out when the Proctor's brought them to me, but then wrapped them back up and stored them in a plastic storage tub...except for the one cup and saucer.  And, I knew from the beginning what my inspiration
for the gold was = our gold dishes that we chose as our dishes when we got married.  So the gold was
chosen 50 years ago and the yellow within the last year.

Once I knew that these colors would be somehow in my kitchen, I started picking up paint chip
samples from any store that I went in that sold paint.  When I finally chose the gold paint color, it was one of the official Williamsburg, VA paint colors.

 Now Williamsburg is just about my favorite place to visit...so to have chosen one of the golds used in their restoration made the gold paint even more special.  And, once I chose these paint chips, I never wavered back to any of the others.  I even know which house the paint color had been taken from: the Brush Everard House.  These days I think that they are only calling it the Everard House...but when I went through it it had both names.  Last night I decided to do some research
online...and imagine my delight when I found a document that talks about the restoration of the Brush Everard House and actually showed a sample of the wallpaper that my color was taken from!


It was described in great detail.  And, definitely the color of my gold paint works with the gold in the wallpaper.  I was very pleased to have my research give me such detailed information so easily found!

Woody headed out fairly early this morning to go to church.  They were having what they called "Doorknobs and Donuts."  Folk were going to go and attempt to touch base with the families of the children who don't attend our church, but attended VBS at our church this year.  I'm sure that the ones they found at home were pretty happy to receive a dozen donuts...especially the children.  
A while after Woody came back from visiting, he and I took off to go to Lowe's to get a couple of things that I had been given the task to get by our work crew.  I needed to get the metal strips that transition from two different types of flooring at the door thresholds.  I bought two of those for the 
kitchen into the dining room and the kitchen into the family room.  I didn't get the ones that I will need on down the road as we weren't sure about the color that was best.  And, the other thing that I 
got as a new register cover for the heat/air vent in the floor in the kitchen.  Again, I will need more 
for the other downstairs floors that we are changing, but didn't get them till I checked the color.  I'm 
pleased with the color of the registers.  And...Ta da!  I actually was able to do a little something in the kitchen...I put the new register in!  So that is the only picture I will post of the kitchen today!


I guess it is all in the details...both day to day and looking back over all the iime that I have been planning the kitchen!

(And, I will apologize at how choppy the blog paragraphs get when I add very many pictures.  The iPad and Google don't get along very well at times and once I get so far down in my writing then it goes to centering everything and it doesn't let me go back up and choose to put all lines starting on the left...and when that happens then it jumps back and forth and I can't see what I am typing...so that is my excuse for all the typos!)






No comments:

Post a Comment