Thursday, June 20, 2019

Another Mudding Layer—Day 10

Not a lot changed today...the phase 2 mudding/ceiling crew arrived with a message from the phase 3 nickel gap and trim crew.  The message was that they were having to wait on the nickel gap to get here...so we won't see that crew till it arrives.  I am hoping that the ceiling crew will find in the morning that the mudding is dry enough to sand and paint.  Running the fan in the kitchen has helped to get the mud to dry.

Woody has spent a lot of time weeding...again taking advantage of the rain that we have had over the last few days.  We had more today.  He is weeding and mulching the large garden that borders our driveway.

After lunch, Donna and I worked in the church library for a couple of hours.  New books were entered and we worked some more on the overdue list.  A productive afternoon.

My only cooking of the day...well, other than eggs for our breakfast...was to make a cruet of Woody's salad dressing.  Main challenge was to find all the herbs that were needed!  But I have pretty much figured out where most things are now...at least things that I have used rather often in the last ten days!  Tomorrow will be a new challenge...attempting to use the crock pot to make chicken noodle
soup.  I already have some chicken in the freezer that is cooked and cut into pieces so I won't need to actually cook chicken while making it...just need to get the veggies and noodles cooked acceptably.  All I can do is try!  Let's just say that I will be sooooooo ready when our new stoves is plugged in and  ready to use!  Still just a dream, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment