Thursday, June 27, 2019

Celebrating A Birthday and Paint—Day 17









We celebrated Elijah's tenth birthday today!  Where do the years go?!?

A lot got accomplished in the kitchen today...they finished caulking and spackling, they sanded the walls, taped and masked everything off and then spray painted the walls.  The other big happening today was they fixed part of the floor in the dining room that had rotted out.  We could stand on the ground for a while today in the dining room, but by the end of the day, the problem inside was fixed.  I think that they still have to do something outside but I feel better that the hole that I found unexpectedly one day has now been fixed...I feel much better about what I felt might try to climb in!  I think that problem is taken care of...now to fix the problem that caused it in the first place, but they are on top of it.  I will say that our workers are Jacks of all trades!  And, so far have done very well with whatever task we have presented them with.  Our contractor stopped by to discuss the leak problem and while he was here, he told me to go on and order the appliances.  Tomorrow they plan to paint the trim and paint the ceiling.  After the painting is completed, they will lay the floor.  I was told that we should have a floor before they leave tomorrow!  Cabinets will be next.  Progress is being seen!  I am pleased with the paint color...so far.  I will see tomorrow if I am pleased with the trim color.  

Woody spent time upstairs today both on the laptop and also on the old big computer playing Scrabble.  He also went on a mission to find a present for Elijah and was successful in finding what he wanted to give him.  Not always easy in our small town to know what you want to buy and then actually find it!  And, of course he has been doing some reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment