Friday, June 14, 2019

Plumbing and Ceiling—Day 4

This morning they got busy and finished the last of the electric work...we just thought that they were done yesterday!  Then they worked on getting a waterline to the the other side of the room for our new refrigerator so we can have ice made by the fridge for the first time.  No more ice trays?!?  Well, I may keep a couple for emergency...but most are going bye-bye!  I guess they sprung some kind of leak on the sink side...I didn't realize it because I was upstairs...but Woody told me about it after the fact.  All seems to be high and dry at the moment...except for the hose on the dishwasher.  We didn't let them haul off the dishwasher as I know that someone can use it as it still should have some years of use left in it.  So if any one nearby knows of anyone in need of a dishwasher we would love to
have them have this one! We still have the old refrigerator in the kitchen which I am thankful for.

After the electric and plumbing was taken care of,(oh, and they did go under the house to run the waterline instead of overhead) they got underway with putting up the sheet rock on the ceiling...no more holes or trenches...at least that we can see.  When they left today, they told Woody that two other workers would take over to finish the ceiling and I think do the walls and perhaps the painting.  This week's crew will be back when it is time to lay the floor.  So I think that will be after the cabinets are in place.  Oh, and the dumpster got taken away today...so I guess that was progress, too!

Woody did his usual Friday errands for us and then with his friend.  He was gone most of the morning.  I started cleaning out the sunroom and laundry room.  Those have to be cleaned out to have new flooring, also.  As do the three bathrooms...I'm so glad that there isn't a lot to have to clear out of the bathrooms.

Today the work crew said that they were really enjoying working on our kitchen because they could tell that it was going to be used.  They said that so many that they do, the kitchen is hardly ever used, but that the owners eat out most of the time and don't utilize the improvements in their kitchen.  I can guarantee that ours will be used...and, that I am looking forward to it being finished very much!  Tonight I cooked on our little George Foreman-type grill.  It worked, but...would have been so much easier on the new stove top!  I have a dishwashing station set up in the bathtub!  A small plastic tub for washing the dishes in and our dish drainer sitting next to it.  It works...but my knees will be happy when I can stand up at our new sink!  But we're not starving nor are we eating badly...so I think that we should survive how many weeks that it might take.  I still haven't asked when they think it will be finished...mainly so I won't be disappointed if that date comes and goes! Today our under-the-sink water filter arrived in the mail and one of the workers looked at so he would know how it is attached. He said it looked like it would attach easily and that they wouldn't need any other parts.  So that box
is now stacked on top of the water faucet box.  I did ask the subcontractor today when he guessed the appliances would be needed and he thought maybe in a week and a half or so.  I'm guessing that we won't see any workers until Monday, but I might be surprised...someone will be here if by chance they do come tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment