Saturday, June 1, 2019

June Has Arrived

Another sign of June...the cone flowers are beginning to bloom.  Today has been a cooler day with a breeze and lower humidity.  Woody did some watering of various plants in our gardens.  He also went to the library...his usual Saturday "adventure."  I have had a pretty lazy Saturday.  I have done a little of this and a little of that around the house...a very little!  I have done a lot of reading as I have three good books underway...well, I had two going and then Woody brought me home another from his trip to the library and I decided to read it too.  So I'm reading a chapter out of one and then a chapter out of another and... Well, that is, until I get deeper into the book that involves a mystery and so for the last little bit I have been continuing in it and not going back and forth between the other two.  The mystery is the one that is due the soonest so probably good for me to get that one read before it gets taken back into cyberspace!  I did cook another rack of ribs.  Woody found a rack at the store yesterday that didn't have a salt solution put into it...so I cooked this one for him to enjoy and not get the salt. It really is hard to find meat that doesn't have aditives...especially salt in some form or another in it. I do the ribs with a dry rub of many herbs and spices and cook it slowly in the oven.  They really are good cooked this way.  Even though I mainly cooked this for Woody to enjoy, I
couldn't resist eating a rib or two and getting my fingers good and greasy!  I did get the hem done in my last t-shirt this morning.  First thing this morning, I did change the blank ink cartridge so Woody could print out his crossword puzzle this morning...yesterday he had to do his puzzles on the computer screen, but he prefers doing them on paper.  So he was a happy camper this morning to be back to doing them the good ol' fashioned way!

No comments:

Post a Comment