Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Our Ship(lap) Has Come In!—Day 15

Phase 3 work team showed up this morning with our nickel gap in tow.  Our contractor calls it nickel gap, but all the workers call it shiplap so for the sake of the blog title tonight, I, too, called it shiplap! I am very pleased to this point.  They almost got it finished.  They just have the sink side of the kitchen and that has the least on it.  They don't cover all the walls with it...just have it in the places that will be seen and not covered by cabinets...mainly the backsplash areas and the two narrow end walls.  This morning I had to approve the crown molding for the cabinets, decide whether to have windowsills, told them that it was okay to cover up where an old electrical outlet had been, height of molding at the floor, etc...so several questions were passed by me today.  They will come in and finish in the morning and then we will be ready for the paint crew, who will be the phase two workers who worked on the ceiling.  It is my hope that they can get the painting of ceiling, walls, and trim done before the Fourth of July holiday and then it will be time after The Fourth to put the cabinets in...maybe?  We will see!  At this point I am very happy with "the look" of the kitchen that is finally starting to show the changes.  Woody's comment is that it looks like outside siding!  And, he is right!  There is still a paint color or two to change the look a bit more.

Woody has spent most of the day in the family room with the door closed.  I asked him if he was feeling a bit confined and he said that he was!  He left to go to the prayer room at church just about the time the workers left for the day.

The workers passed things through the kitchen window today...so we are fighting a few bugs tonight. Just don't like the mosquitoes buzzing my head.  I guess I need to get the bug zapper out and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment