Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 10, cycle 2


Telephone wires have been zinging between Vanderbilt and Tullahoma today. (call #1) One of the research nurses called this morning, telling me that Woody's potassium level had dropped and Dr. Sosman wanted him to start taking a potassium pill. He was to take two today and then one till the level was up again. There is a good chance that the potassium level change is due to his blood pressure medication and not due to the study drugs. I gave her the phone number of our pharmacy so she could call in the prescription (call #2 was from Vandy to the drugstore).
I was out of the house for a short time around noon and later in the afternoon I found a message (call #3) from another of the research nurses. She was asking me to call her back that they had a favor to ask us. She was already gone for the day before I was able to return her call...so guess we will be left hanging till next week as to what that call is in reference to...she said that she would be out tomorrow and Friday and that she would get back to us next week if I hadn't called before she left for the day. (I'm guessing that they want to rearrange an appointment...time will tell if my guess is right!)
When I got home from church tonight, Woody said that he had gotten reminder call from Vanderbilt about his next appointment (call #4).
Definitely we were popular with Vanderbilt's "switchboards" today!
Woody wants me to tell you about these pills that he was prescribed. He says that "they are so big that even a horse couldn't swallow them!" And, I did look at them and they are very large. And, he had to take two today!
Other than the calls, today was a pretty typical day: he got up early, went to work, attempted to walk at lunch, but the siren went off saying that there was lightning within 10 mi. so he only walked part way when he had to turn around and go back, came home, and has read most of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment