Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 19, Cycle 2

This is the picture that I was heading out to take yesterday, when I caught Woody sawing up trees again. Can you see just the hint of a Fall brushstroke on the dogwood tree? I think that we will have beautiful Fall foliage this year since we have had so much more rain than in the past several years...lots of years our leaves start turning...but it is due to dryness not due to God's timing for Fall coloration of leaves...and those years just don't seem to have the breathtaking color that our wetter years have...guess time will tell about this year...but the hint of Fall is here!

Well, today I did the grocery shopping once again...that decision was made due to the fact that "the flu" seems to have gotten to Tullahoma and Woody probably needs to stay out of places like WalMart, Kroger, etc. So I got up, got the grocery list ready and headed out to run errands and grocery shop. Then, when I got home, I put away the groceries and decided that I would go on and cook our supper with some of today's purchases. After I did that, I was rather worn out so I took a nap while Woody mowed and then we ate supper.

Woody got up early as usual, went to work, walked at lunch, came home and headed out quickly to mow (before the next band of rain/drizzle got to us), then came in cooled off a bit, ate supper, and has relaxed and read the rest of the evening.

It has attempted to rain most of the day here...but we never got very much wherever I was...either that or I was in stores while the showers came and went. I took my umbrella...but it was really more an encumbrance than a help...as I never needed to open it...just had to make sure that I didn't forget that I had it and leave it hanging on a shopping cart! We did have a short shower while we ate supper and Woody did get drizzled on off and on while he mowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment