Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 13, Cycle 2



Here's another of our "yard mushrooms." This one is such a pretty color and I love the fluted edges. This one was so newly popped out of the ground that the dirt that it had pushed aside was still on the cap.

Woody has had a very busy Saturday. He got up very early (before 4am, I think) and went for his Saturday walk. Today he was back to doing his normal Saturday walk of twelve mile (last week he took it easy since he was taking his chemo drugs and only did eight miles). When the library opened, he went to get books. Then he came home and spent a lot of time raking up debris (sticks, acorns, etc.) in our front yard and then mowing it. Then this afternoon we have spent time, at one point or another, with all five of our neighbor grandchildren here at our house...we have read, rocked, read some more, played a game or two, built with K'nex, built with blocks, taken a picture or two...you name it...and we might have at least tried it!
It has been a gorgeous day temperature-wise (the high was only 76 deg F) and humidity-wise here in TN. I really think that Fall is in the air! I have been noticing that the dogwoods are changing color a bit.
Oh, a major accomplishment for me...last night I finished going through and reorganizing all the digital pictures that I have taken since Dec. 2000...no small task...many, many hours...many, many pictures! I am so glad to have that task done...so much easier to access now.

No comments:

Post a Comment