Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cycle 4, Day 25

As I typed the day of this cycle, I realized how close Woody is to the end of the 4th month on this drug study. This past Monday's CT scan and this coming Monday's labs will determine if he will be continuing in this study. If the scan shows too much progression of the melanoma, it could mean a "show stopper" for this study. If his lab work is a bit off, then it could mean a delay like he had at the start of Cycle 4. We will know Monday what the verdict is as to whether Monday will be Day 1 of Cycle 5. I did just check the "My Health at Vanderbilt" site to see if the report from the CT scan was posted and it is not...which is what I expected. I will admit to being "anxious" to hear this report...my prayer is that the melanoma continues to be checked...or better yet is shrinking! But as Woody continues to say...all he is praying for is "God's Will." Perhaps... I'm being too specific?

Woody got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, and came home to rest and relax. He and I did walk around the block before the sun went down...a bit chilly. We are supposed to have a freeze again tonight. Woody said that his knee has stopped bothering him...so he is easing back into his walking.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My mother battled melanoma for 23 months. I know a number of other people who are battling or have battled melanoma. I believe that prayer should be specific. Praying with you and your husband.

    Anita Monroe
    Va. Beach, VA

    ReplyDelete