Friday, November 20, 2009

Got my turkey! Have you?


Today has been a busy day for me...Grammy's Montessori school with two (2 and 4-year-old) and listening to reading with two (6 and 7-year-old) of our neighbor grandchildren plus I did our weekly grocery shopping (got our turkey). I was thankful that Woody was home when I got home from the grocery store to bring in the groceries...I had hoisted the turkey enough times...a pretty hefty bird! Joy was a help putting groceries away, too...she put the cookies in the cookie jar...pretty rough job...but someone had to do it and get rewarded after she finished!
Woody got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, stopped at the Post Office and the fruit market on the way home from work, invited Joy in for some kids PBS programs when he got home, and has pretty much been relaxing since getting home. Joy relaxed so much that she fell asleep while sitting in the recliner with Goosey (Woody). I walked Graham home after he read to me, as he wanted to show me their newest aquarium acquisitions...three turtles...one for him, one for Abigail, and one for Joy...and he can tell them apart! I had Nathan come over to the house with me so he could carry Joy home...and when we got there Goosey had his eyes closed along with Joy...he claims that he wasn't asleep...but...
The research nurse called today and left a message saying that Woody's next appointments at Vandy (2nd week in Dec.) really needed to be earlier in the day than they had made them (I thought they had been made too late in the day, since he needs to start taking the first dose of his chemo while there, and as early as possible, so he can get another dose in that night)...so at the moment we are to get there early...and they will work us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment