Thursday, November 26, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods...


Hope that everyone has had a wonderful and thankful Thanksgiving! We are still waiting for ours! Although, we didn't wait to be thankful...we are thankful every day!
Woody got up early this morning and headed out on his 12 mile walking route...a rather chilly morning...right around freezing...frost on the ground. Brrrrrrrrrrr! Glad that he left me home asleep! We have been busy cleaning and cooking today. Woody has been vacuuming for me. He also has followed behind my cooking messes and kept the dishes washed. I did manage to mop the kitchen floor...now do you suppose that I can keep it clean till Saturday?! I have met my cooking goals for today. Woody has gotten the wrapping paper on our Arizona gifts. Now I have to put the ribbon, trimmings, and name tags on them. He has found the box to put them all in to mail. I still have a little sewing to finish before we can seal up the package. When Woody wasn't helping me, he watched some football and read. He's watching a library DVD now. We didn't take a walk together today...it got dark before I found a good stopping point.
Our feasts for the day...for lunch we finished up the Cream of Chicken Florentine Soup (a pot out of the refrigerator to make room for Thanksgiving food)...then for supper...PIZZA!
Tomorrow I'll be making our pumpkin and pecan pies and making preparations for the recipes that I'll be putting together Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment