Friday, November 27, 2009

Pie, anyone?


Pies are done...surely that means that the meal is finished...oh...guess that is only when one is eating and not cooking the meal! We have had a busy day and it isn't over yet! Woody took the Arizona package to the Post Office this morning. He has completed the vacuuming. I look back on the day and wonder what I have done...can't even think at the moment...but know that I have hardly sat down today. I have done some general picking up, some wash, some dusting, etc. Woody and I went on a nice walk this afternoon...it was a bit breezy and chilly...but so sunny that it was really nice. We found a place to sit down next to a pond and saw a lot of birds. It was a nice break in our busy day. After the walk, I finally decided that it was time to tackle the pie making. I have to get in the right mind-set to get started on making the pie crusts...but as you can see I managed to get them done...and even got the filling in them and got them baked too. (By the way, the pumpkin pies are made with pumpkin that we cooked and froze a while back...one mistake that I made...forgot to get it out of the freezer yesterday. Thank goodness for microwaves!) The pies were my main cooking goal for today...but I also wanted to prepare things for the other dishes that I will be making in the morning...like getting celery, mushrooms, and onions sliced and chopped for the dressing...and the topping ready for the sweet potatoes...and...I have managed to get that done too. Besides vacuuming, Woody has read, watched football, washed dishes, etc. I'll just say that team work has gotten a lot accomplished today! Guess I'll head downstairs and check on Tom and decide what time I have to put him in the oven in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment