Saturday, October 26, 2013

Rather Cool Saturday

At 4am when I happened to awaken, I checked to see how cold it was. Weatherbug said that it was 25deg F. I just checked our outside thermometer (that can be read from inside) and it said that it got down to 28 here...so colder wherever weather bug checks temps here in Tullahoma. I chose to stay in all day. Woody walked to the library and then later in the day he took another walk. He has watched some football and now baseball on TV. Sometime during the day, I think that I saw everyone except for Joy and Isaac (and, I know that Isaac was over--but he stayed downstairs with Goosey (Woody) and I was upstairs). Esther and Elijah showed up first. They said that they were on a treasure hunt. It was so cute. They both had backpacks and also a "map." They ended up staying here till lunch and then bopped back over shortly after lunch. They played in the kitchen with the play dough that Graham made while he stayed with us a couple of weeks ago (I had to divide the play dough "very fair!"). They also did a couple of art projects in the school room. I spent a good part of the day attempting to complete my study for tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. I think that it is together as much as it is going to be! I think that either a book or a TV show on the iPad is drawing me to my recliner. Woody made cranapple crisp for dessert this evening--yummy! That dessert is one of those that says "Fall" to me. I have another dessert planned for sometime next week that also says "Fall" to me. Guess the cooler temperatures are getting us in a Fall/cool weather-mode for meal planning. It is good to be back in soup making mode. I like the time of the year when we have soups as they last for several days and mean less cooking for me! Lazy? Perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment