Saturday, October 19, 2013

Today Has Flown By!

This morning fairly early, planes started flying overhead. There was a gathering of aviation enthusiasts at the Beechcraft Museum today. This gathering is called a "Beech Party." I found out later that the ones that we heard early were heading to breakfast in Winchester. I found out on Facebook that they would be returning around 9am. So I decided that since they had flown overhead to get to Winchester, that would probably fly over head on their way back. I decided that I would try to get a photo or two. I had several strikes against me getting photos of them--trees and the clouds. I finally did get this one--not too exciting of a photo for the effort that I made! Oh, well...there will be other fly-ins. I think that all the children except for Graham came over to play this morning at one time or another. This afternoon Graham and Goosey headed to the Beechcraft Museum. Graham had been invited to come back this afternoon and build another balsa wood glider and then compete flying them. This was part of the young aviator program that he had participated in last week and part of the Beech Party. While they were doing that the other children were in and out over here...Esther cross stitching, Elijah playing with play dough, Abigail having a tea party with Elijah, Isaac just playing and being his cute little self, Joy making crowns with some of the building items under the stairs, somewhere in there a bit of pirate ship playing and other block building happened (between morning and afternoon). Nathan came over after a while and he put in an outlet that has both regular plug-in places and also USB plug in places so I can plug in my iPad and phone in one convenient place. I'm glad to have it...didn't know that this item existed till he offered to put one in! Thanks, Nathan! Nice to have a handy son! While Nathan was doing that Esther continued to cross stitch and Elijah played some of "his" games on my iPad. This receptacal was put at the edge and behind the headboard of our bed. So while the bed was pulled out I did a bit of cleaning that doesn't get done very often. I also decided that it would be a good day to change the bed...so washed, dried and remade the bed. After supper, Abigail came over and serged the edges of the fabric that we gave her for her birthday. That way I can get the fabric washed before her next school sewing time with me (Tuesday). All in all...a very busy Saturday. I sat down a few minutes ago for one of the few times today that I have sat down and dozed off almost as soon as I sat down. Woody has watched some sports since coming home. I think that he plans to watch the baseball game tonight...trying to find out which team will be playing "his" Cardinals in the World Series. Oh, and, if I had gone with Woody and Graham I probably would have been able to easily capture photos of planes flying overhead...Woody said that they flew right over his head...very close over his head! Woody made his usual trip to the library this morning...while I was trying to photograph planes. Here is a formation that I managed to capture yesterday on our walk...maybe they were practicing for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment