Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday

I'm in the mood for Fall color--leaves are starting to turn--but not a lot--so I decided that I would go back in my photo archives and find one to post tonight that shows more color. We had school this morning. Isaac had his school time first. He has pretty much mastered the sound that "m" makes and knows that "mommy" starts with it and he is also getting pretty good at making the sssssssssssss sound for "s" and that "snake" starts with "s." He's also working on counting from 1-3 and working on recognizing the primary colors. He loves the puzzles that we do at the end of the school time each day. Elijah is doing great sounding out three-letter phonetic words. He is also learning the continents and working on writing and also on cutting and he works on several math concepts--even and odd and he does lots of counting. While in Africa he got good at counting to 100 so now we are putting the written numbers with beads that make up that number--for example: 54 is made up of five tens and four units. He has a great time and his school time goes by very quickly. Graham came over and read to me. Abigail didn't have her time this morning because she went to Nashville to her ear doctor. Joy read to me and had her sewing time. She is making a pin cushion. We gathered all the supplies this morning and she made the circle pattern and then cut out the pieces for the pin cushion. She's ready to sew around the circle at her next sewing session. After their school time, Isaac and Elijah stayed and played and read with Goosey for a while. After lunch I headed to the church library. Once again we got quite a bit done--got a stack of books ready for their final processing steps when we work next plus did several other library maintenance jobs. As I was walking in the door from the library, Woody was walking out to take a four-mile walk. I sort of lost my get-up-and-go once I got home. The recliner has looked pretty good to me most of the evening. The computer has been so slow that I almost fell asleep waiting for the blog to open so I could write tonight's blog! It has been rather chilly and breezy today. I don't think that it ever got out of the 50's today and it is already 37 this evening. My achy bones aren't ready for the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment