Friday, March 6, 2009

Deja vu...all over again!

Finally we are in a room...it took almost three hours after they admitted us--seems like we are always waiting around here! Everything was very timely till he was admitted and we had to go to the waiting room to wait for a room--that was around 2:15pm and we didn't get a room till a little after 5pm...too long to wait when you don't feel well.

We definitely didn't get a room like we had before. I am feeling claustrophobic! I think that when I pull out my bed that it will block the bathroom door!

On the way here Woody said that he had changed his mind! But...Melany didn't turn back and we are here nonetheless! One of the residents (she's from Manchester) on the oncology team just came in to check him. He has had lab work done. We are waiting to be able to see it online. We knew the last shift RN and Care Partner and we haven't seen the next shift yet. So we are settling into the same routine as before... vitals every 2 hours, lab work every 6 hours, infusions every 8 hours...

He has really talked to them about controlling the rigors (shakes) so we shall see if they are successful! Everything is now on schedule for the 10pm #1 infusion.

I will keep you posted!

Oh, I almost forgot to share a serendipity...shortly after we got into the room, I was standing in the doorway and I looked up and who should be walking down the hall but Dr. Holt, Woody's orthopedic surgeon. She stopped to talk to me and asked how he was doing, etc. I told her what a rough time he had had with the first set of infusions and about his kidney involvement. Then I told her about his hip bothering him. She came into the room and pushed on the spot and asked him questions about when it hurt, etc. Then she went out and looked at the xrays that had been taken on Tuesday. She came back into the room and said that she saw nothing on the xray that would indicate cancer eating at the bone. She felt like it very possibly could be bursitis and that they would check further, and if it were that an injection could help it...so on down the road...but talk about God's timing to have her come along just when I stepped out of his room! That was definitely a reassuring word for Woody (and me!) to hear just prior to starting his treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment