Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a difference a week makes!

A week ago today we had only been home from Vandy for a couple of hours. Woody has definitely made progress since last Wednesday. Late this morning he went outside and took the garbage can around to the back of the house. He didn't come back in as soon as I expected so I went to look for him and he was sitting on the glider on the front porch. He didn't sit too long as there was a breeze and he started feeling cool. He also walked out to the mail box and got the mail. After lunch, he rested for a while. I went upstairs to read and rest a little too. The doorbell rang while I was upstairs. It was our 7 year old grandson, Graham. He had been whittling on a stick and came to show me. I asked him if he wanted to show it to Goosey. (Goosey is what the grandchildren call Woody.) Graham said that he already had shown it to Goosey. I asked him when and he said when Goosey was out in the back yard. Woody had joined the neighbors (Nathan's family) out in the back. He picked up a few fallen limbs and then did some weeding in the garlic garden. So definitely Woody has been more active today--he did say that the extra activity had tired him out. It is good to see him up and about and good for him to get some fresh air! It has been an absolutely delightful day here in southern middle TN--Spring is in the air!

The itching and peeling are still real issues with Woody. He will be so glad to see both of those IL-2 after effects over and done with! My after effect seems to be extreme tiredness--maybe one of these days I will catch up on lost sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment