Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a difference 40 years make!



Hard to believe but 40 years ago today was our wedding day. Have we changed?! My how time flies...when you are having fun and even when you're not! I know that our followers, mil and sil, know where they were 40 years ago...wonder if our faithful follower, Grandma Carla, remembers! I will say that never in my wildest dreams did I envision back then what we would be going through now. Guess it is best to go into marriage blindly...if I had known, I would not have thought that we could handle certain things we have gone through or what we are going through at this time! But God has seen us through. We have been blessed in so many ways during our years together--both in the ups and downs. My prayer now is that we have many more years together. I told Woody "40 more," but that would make us over 100! Not sure that will happen, but we'll take as many more as God will grant us!
It's a beautiful spring day here in middle Tennessee--sun shining, 65 degrees, birds singing, flowers and trees blooming. I went to Sunday School for the first time in weeks--trying to get back into some kind of a routine! Woody continues to get stronger...but also continues to be miserably itchy and peely. We go to see Dr. Holt tomorrow--his eight week check after his shoulder surgery. She will probably give us a referral to a trauma surgeon at Vandy to see about getting his lower left arm fixed--once the peeling stops.
I'll report tomorrow on our visit to Dr. Holt.
PS I just found out that if you click on the wedding picture that it makes it big--it's pretty blurry since I took a picture of a picture in our wedding album...but if you do click on it, you can see the mole on Woody's forehead--that will lead to all that we are now going through!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Anniversary Lois and Woody.. Hopefully you will have many many more blessed years together..
    God Bless
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason it won't let me use my profile to comment. Not sure which one to use??

    Hugs
    MM aka Marilyn

    ReplyDelete