Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He survived!

Woody made it through a full day of work for the first time in two months. I called to check on him mid-morning and got his answering machine...it hadn't been changed since January 22nd (the day before his shoulder surgery). I came home after he did this afternoon and I found him in his favorite place--in his recliner...resting. I asked him if he was "tired," and he said he was "just sleepy." But he looked "tired" to me! I'm not sure where our definitions of the words differ...but differ they do! Even after all these years...can you imagine that?! When I use the word "tired," he almost always corrects me and changes it to "sleepy" when it's in reference to himself. Maybe one of these days I will learn to use the proper term! But as for me at this moment...I'm both tired and sleepy...I don't have any problems admitting to both!

I hope that he gets a good night's sleep tonight, as that should help his day tomorrow. I'm also hoping that getting back into a routine and getting out of the house will help him feel better quickly! I know that he was glad to see his co-workers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment