Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank goodness for insurance!!!!!!!!!!

I got curious about how much each Interleukin 2 infusion cost. One of our nurses tried to check into it and came back with a figure--but it didn't seem to figure out correctly for the pharmacy bill for our two stays...seems like it was double what the pharmacy told her. The total pharmacy bill for the two times that he was in the hospital for the IL-2 treatments was............$150,446.39!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just the pharmacy bill for the two stays!!!!

It is lower than I had told several people--I think that they must have subtracted some of the infusions that he didn't take after we were discharged from the hospital.

I have asked for an itemized bill--so perhaps I will be able to uncover the exact cost of the IL-2 yet! If I do find out, I will share the info!

Woody has had another day of recovery from the IL-2. He has started getting itchy. He has slept some during the day. I think that we got our days and nights turned around in the hospital--as tired as I was yesterday I just couldn't sleep last night and Woody had a lot of trouble sleeping too. He definitely feels better than after the last treatments, but still isn't going to go out and win any races!

No comments:

Post a Comment