Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday update

Not a lot new to report. Woody is still quite peely and itchy. Last night after I posted on the blog, he told me that he was itching so badly that he was in misery. So I put two kinds of lotion on him and gave him some Benadryl. And something in that combination helped him at least some as he was able to sleep at least off and on during the night. He got to itching again today and again I put lotions on and gave him another Benadryl...and he slept a good part of the afternoon. So at least he is getting some sleep--thanks to the Benadryl! He just took another Benadryl. Hopefully that will help him sleep tonight.

The places that have peeled are now a lot like a rash--rather red and bumpy--like an allergic reaction. I forgot to tell you last night...when I brush the skin off of his back, I have to vacuum the chair that he is sitting on as well as the floor around him! We will definitely be glad to have this phase of the treatment behind us--for more reasons than one!

Tomorrow I will report on his latest lab report and his visit to Dr. Sosman.

No comments:

Post a Comment