Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adventure, Haute Couture, A Phone Call, & Birthday Fun!


Busy, busy day! Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax. I got up early, got ready, and drove to Melany's...that is an adventure for me...who doesn't like to drive out of town. After getting to Melany's and looking around at their gardens, Melany, Erin, Alex and I piled into their vehicle and headed to Nashville to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts. They have a Victoria and Albert Museum of London exhibition: The Golden Age of Couture: 1947-1957. So I was in my element getting to see Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, etc. garments...lots and lots of them. Alex will tell you how many...he was ready to leave long before Melany and I were. Erin was fine with our length of stay...she looked at the exhibit and then went upstairs to the hands-on-art room and got some water colors and painted a very pretty picture. I drove the scenic route both ways...but only took two pictures...one on the way...the slow-down due to road line painters...and one on the way back...again the road was blocked...two vans of people stomping out a fire. Erin's cat, Hayden, climbed into my bag while I was there and I got his picture, too.

I got home and flopped down on the couch in the family room. I was telling Woody a bit about the trip. Then asked him if we had heard from NIH...I thought that he said "no." Guess that was what I was expecting to hear. So I then asked him if he had checked our answering machine...he then said he guessed that I hadn't heard him! The NIH doctor (a new one) called and left a message here and then called him at work. She told him that the cells are growing and that we should start planning to come to NIH next week...the research nurse is to call us with more details. This will just be to have baseline testing done...then come home to go back at a later time.

Shortly after I got home, Nathan and the children came over here to tell us that it was about time for Elijah's birthday party. He'll be one tomorrow...doesn't seem possible! When it was time for the party, Woody was hurting pretty badly...so he stayed behind till his pain medication took effect and then joined us. Elijah enjoyed his cake and balloons and all his presents. I really think that his brother and sisters enjoyed the party as much, if not more! They do love parties!

So thus comes to a close a very busy day...I'm ready to rest and relax!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment