Thursday, July 15, 2010

On the move!

And he's off...Elijah decided to start taking more than one or two steps at a time tonight after supper...several times he took seven or eight before he plopped on the floor. We ate over at their house this evening. Not long after supper, Elijah decided that it was great fun to start taking steps...he would walk a few steps and then laugh and laugh...at times he was laughing so hard that it was hard for him to walk! I had to go home to get my camera (what was I thinking of not taking it when we went over to eat?!) so I could try to capture a step or two. He will probably be running by the time that we get back home from our next trip to NIH.

Speaking of being on the move, it looks like we will be on the move bright and early on Monday. One of the NIH travel agents called this morning. He made Woody's flight reservation and then called me back with the flight information so I could call Southwest and make my flight reservation...we did get on the same flight! I haven't heard from the social worker about my living arrangements. If I don't hear tomorrow morning, I will put in a call to her. So at the moment we both have one-way tickets to Baltimore/Washington International Airport. From there we will hop on an NIH shuttle that will drop us off at NIH. Woody will get admitted to the hospital and hopefully I will have a place to stay by then!

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, didn't walk at lunch, worked some more. He said that he "just survived!"

No comments:

Post a Comment