Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Knit Together"

Tonight's blog picture is of some art that was hanging on the walls at NIH. I took some pictures to show Kathy, as she loves to knit. I had pretty much forgotten about taking these until I was going through papers we need to take to NIH and papers we can leave here (from the stack from the last trip)...I found the print-out about these. There was a series of these on one wall (called the East Alcove Gallery). The artist is Rania Hassan and she calls the series "Knit Together." Here are her words describing this intriguing form of art. "This series started because of my fascination with knitting, love for painting and intrigue about the community I discovered with knitters from around the world. I think about how it links me to my mother, her mother and all the generations of women who came before them. We're all connected somehow."

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and came home to rest and relax. He hasn't had a time of intense pain today that he had the afternoons previous...a good thing! He has gone out to water some of our plants. These extremely high temperatures are drying things out pretty quickly.

I have spent the day at home trying to get organized for our next trip that is looming all too near. I have gotten quite a lot done today. Tomorrow I will run errands and continue to get things ready to pack and then get things into the suitcases. Soon we will be singing..."On The Road Again!"

1 comment:

  1. Lois, please know that as you prepare for your trip to NIH, our prayers continue for you, Woody and your family. How fortunate we are to have these treatments available to us!!
    Hugs, Del

    ReplyDelete