Monday, July 26, 2010

The Counts are Coming Down

Better day...but not the best...which is to be expected. I "got" to do wash again today at the hospital...need I say more! Woody has no appetite and has been rather nauseated today...so really doesn't want to eat...I did get him to eat a small amount of yogurt today. The dentist came in today and reassured him that he was healing well...that was a relief to hear. One less thing to press on his mind. Tomorrow is Day -1...last day of the chemo. He will receive his last chemo tomorrow at 5 in the morning. They want the chemo out of his system before they start putting back his cells the next day. As the blog title shows his white blood count is coming down...which it is supposed to be doing. His fever was just about nil today...if he could just spend a little less time in the bathroom he would be happier! We are hoping that he will have a good night's sleep. He hasn't slept as much today. Someone from the pain team came and talked to him...I missed her as she came when I had gone back to the lodge to rest. She gave him several suggestions...including accupuncture! But at the moment, the neurontin seems to be helping. He definitely is in much less pain.

I managed to move from one room/floor to another this morning...so am trying to settle into the new room...I prefer the old one...oh, well...they are renovating it...reason for me having to move.

I finally saw one of the baby bunnies this morning and managed to get a picture of him. I love this one because it shows his cotton tail! Little Peter Cottontail nibbling grass!





No comments:

Post a Comment