Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday...all day!

Woody got up early and went for a walk...about five miles...for those in Tullahoma...he walked from our house to the Dairy Queen and back. Later in the morning, he and I went to the library. He got to hurting quite a bit...but I don't think that he has taken pain medication today. BUT...he has "rested" a lot in his recliner after lunch...and ended up going upstairs and taking quite a long nap later in the afternoon. Shortly after he woke up I headed over to Nathan and Kathy's to watch four of the five...Woody joined me after he got awake enough! Nathan, Kathy and Graham rode their bikes to pick blackberries. This morning they went to a blueberry farm and picked blueberries...I just took a blueberry dump cake out of the oven. The four grown-ups are going to have a treat as soon as I finish blogging...the children will get some tomorrow. The cake smells so yummy! I hear fireworks popping all around us.

2 comments:

  1. If he walked to DQ, I hope he treated himself to a dipped cone!
    Thank you for your recent prayers. I tried to go without my pain pills yesterday, but was not as successful as Woody. My eye and face are definitely ready for today -- all red and blue. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He couldn't get a treat at the DQ...too early for them to be open...he usually starts his walks around 5am!

    ReplyDelete