Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another day closer to NIH

Woody and I both woke up quite early with the same thought on our minds...we need to take a time line of Woody's surgeries, studies, etc. So a little after 5am I started making a list on the computer...the blog was a really big help! Woody also has a calendar at work where he writes down when he takes off for appointments...so we were able to go back several years and get closer than just the years on a couple of his melanoma related surgeries. We know that they will want a medical history and that is so hard to recall when "put on the spot" when the doctor is asking specific questions. "Maybe" we will have most of the important ones and their dates on this list.

Woody went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more and then came home to work some more out in the yard. He doesn't do a lot at a time so the yard is an ongoing project for him!

I worked on "the" list to take with us, cleaned some more...this time our sunporch and laundry room. So the downstairs has had a fairly good cleaning. I'm down to just two upstairs rooms to go in my cleaning spree. "Maybe" I'll put forth the energy tomorrow on one or the other of those.

I also spent time on the computer emailing back and forth with our Vandy research nurse. She emailed me that the CDs of the scans were ready to pick up. I had to find out about the slides that we were also supposed to get. But we won't have to get those. She had faxed the NIH research nurse all the pathology reports from Vandy, Murfreesboro and Tullahoma. Now the NIH nurse will track down the ones that she needs and get the slides. She won't need those slides while we are there this time. At one point the Vandy nurse considered FedExing the CDs to us overnight...but I questioned if they would really get here over night. My only other experience with overnighting something...took more than 48 hours to get to its destination (that was by Post Office and from Tullahoma not to Tullahoma). But we decided not to take the chance and Woody will head Vandy way after work tomorrow to pick up the CDs. It took several emails to make sure that we understood where exactly she was going to put them for Woody to pick up! Once those are in hand, that will definitely be one step closer to heading to Bethesda.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of making up lists for my parents to take to their doctors. That's a smart idea. :) God Bless.

    ReplyDelete