Saturday, April 10, 2010

She said that she was painting!

Woody took the picture and chose the title and the picture for tonight's blog. Ummmmmmmmm...no comment! Well, one little comment...note that I do have the blue painter's tape in the hand that is holding the cell phone. And...if Woody took the picture...he wasn't painting at the moment either...was he?! We really have worked hard today...both of us! As soon as a little of the chill left the air we both headed out and started washing the woodwork that we needed to paint...porch rails and the woodwork around the front door. I took door detail and Woody took the porch rails. Once the paint store opened, we headed to get our paint. On the way home we stopped at WalMart to pick up a couple of things that got left off the grocery list yesterday. Then we headed back home to finish washing things down. When we got home, I took a little time off from paint detail so I could get a pot of vegetable stock simmering. It simmered for close to four hours while we painted, etc. It really smelled good every time the door was opened or we had to go in for something. After lunch, the painting got underway. I have the first coat on the wood trim around the door and Woody is well underway with the porch rails...not easy painting all those spindles! He isn't as far as he might be, as he watched a baseball game mid-afternoon and only painted during the commercials! And...he is giving me a hard time for calling my sister and asking her for her help! Too bad that she is in AZ and we are in TN, as she really does like to paint...I can take or leave painting! It was nice to listen to the birds singing while I painted. It was a beautiful spring day...a nice day to be outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment