Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Taxing Day

Woody got up early, headed to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home...again...not to rest and relax. The car we had worked on this week had its "service engine soon" light on again...so he had to call them and then take the car in again. He figured that it would probably be worked on while he waited, but I ended up having to go get him. He then came home to paint some more on the front porch rail...he got through with another section. After going back to pick up the car, he is now resting and relaxing for the evening.

I had lunch with a friend at a unique cafe here in Tullahoma. It's called Sweet Aroma Cafe and is housed in the old Coca Cola Plant. There is coke memorabilia all through the building now called "Cokers."

It has been another hot day here in Tullahoma...I saw 89 deg. F on one of the bank signs when going through town this afternoon and Weather Bug says that we got to 89 deg. F so...it must be so! It is still quite pleasant as we still have relatively low humidity(for us). The pollen is still thick...we need some rain to settle some of it. I don't know if it is the heat or what...but I have taken several naps this afternoon and evening...I sit down and find myself falling asleep.
We haven't heard anything from Vanderbilt today about Woody's stress test results. I don't know if we will hear from Vandy or NIH next. There is that niggling in the back of my mind...when will we be heading to Maryland and how long will we be there and what will Woody be facing, etc. Woody is at peace with not knowing! I want to know!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You sound a lot like me. You need to have a plan. One thing I learned during my mother's battle with melanoma is that I'm not in control. I know you know that, too, but the anxiety over not knowing is difficult. I will pray for peace for you. :D

    ReplyDelete