Saturday, September 28, 2013

A "First" For This Last Saturday in September!

Our grandson Alex drove to our house for the first time today! My time does fly. Melany needed to come to get the photos that I had taken of her art show. She is working on her thesis book. I really had too many to send them over the internet to her. She, Erin and Alex arrived around noon. Melany drove the interstate part of the drive here and then Alex drove the rest of the way here after they left the interstate. Then he drove the whole way home. I received a call from Alex saying that they had arrived safely home! Here's the picture of him pulling away from the house!!!!!
Just kidding!!!! I didn't have my camera set properly so the car was blurry and I decided that I would find an effect in my photo software that would make it look like the car was peeling off with speed! I did ask Alex, when he called to report that they were safely home, if he liked going fast on the interstate...and he said that he did! Woody went to the library and ran an errand or two prior to Melany, Erin and Alex arriving. Then this evening, after they had gone home, he went on his four mile circuit. I got up this morning and headed down to make one of Melany's favorite soups--French Market. I chose that soup as the plan was that she was coming by herself so I planned accordingly and chose "Melany food" and not food that would necessarily be a favorite of the rest of her family. I also planned reubins. So when I got the call that the children were also coming I wasn't sure exactly what I had for them to eat. I knew not to expect them to eat the soup. And the reubins were "iffy" too. But in the end Alex had a grilled cheese and Erin had a reubin without dressing or sauerkraut. And, I did have chips...so I don't think that anyone left too hungry! And, the adults enjoyed the soup and the sandwiches and the chips! They ended up arriving a bit later than originally planned when it was only going to be Melany so after I had the soup finished I headed off to run an errand. I got home just a little after they arrived. They had eaten a late breakfast so we had a late lunch. While the soup was cooking I headed upstairs and put in some time on the sewing project that I am doing for a friend. Last night I finished the cross stitch project that I picked up yesterday after it had been neglected for some time. I think that I will look through my UFO's (unfinished objects)and see if there isn't something else that I would enjoy working on. When it comes to sewing I rarely have anything unfinished except for the project that I am working on. BUT I cannot say that for needlework projects. And, since I haven't been doing needlework for some time now, there are plenty to get reacquainted with!

No comments:

Post a Comment