Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oops...Almost Missed It!

This morning the phone rang about 10:50 and it was the dentist office looking for Woody. He had an appointment which he thought was at 12:45 and they said that it was at 10:45! Well, we waited a bit to see if he should still come on and we got disconnected and kept getting a busy signal. So he decided that he would go on and go anyway. The dentist office is less than five minutes away from us. They did get him fitted in and he got a clean bill of health..."Look, Ma, no cavities!" Later in the day he went on a walk and on the way home he picked up prescriptions for me at the pharmacy. I did a little sewing this morning and then this afternoon worked in the church library. We got a lot done. We just got a couple of orders of books in the mail and they are just about ready to be checked out. It's good to be on top of "things" in the library! I came home and fixed our supper--tacos. Tonight's first photo shows a web that I spotted a while back. That web had a great big spider right in the center of it. I headed in to get my camera and the spider was still there when I got back. But it spotted me and hightailed it to a hiding spot...sort of slid right down one of the silk threads in his web. I was able to follow that silk thread with my eyes and spotted him all curled up in a hiding place under a leaf (2nd photo). He just thought that he had gotten away from my watchful eyes...even though I knew where he was, he was very safe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment