Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tranquil Scene in Midst of Busy Day

Woody had an early appointment at the chiropractor. I got underway with school before he returned. Esther came over first to read followed by Joy. After Joy finished reading, Graham, Abigail and Esther joined her to have our art class. Today they continued to make paper beads for either necklaces or bracelets. I asked Graham, since he had already made a couple of bracelets and a necklace, if he would make a few beads so Elijah could make a necklace. And, Graham obliged. After art, Abigail had her sewing time. She completed another head scarf and started on her third one (one for her mama, one for Esther and one for her). Joy plans to make her own once she finishes the project she is working on. After Abigail's sewing time, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed out on a round of errands...Credit Union, haircut (where I took tonight's tranquil picture of Lake Tullahoma)(speaking of haircuts...Woody walked to get a haircut sometime while I was having school), Office Max and Janie's Sewing Center. Phew! That was a lot of running around for me! When I got home, I was going to call Elijah to come over for his school time, but the call wasn't necessary as he was already over here playing and reading with Goosey (Woody). So as soon as I put down my purchases, he and I headed up to the school room. He strung the paper beads that Graham had made him and made them into a bracelet. He was very happy. After he finished his art project, we went downstairs and he read the pink box words (three letter phonetic words) to Goosey. He reads a word on a card and then matches it to a picture on a card. Goosey was properly impressed with how well Elijah is doing. Then school was over for Elijah for today. And, he went back to playing pirates...he and I were going to be the good pirates and Goosey was going to be the bad pirates! Esther and Joy came over and joined him. Esther played with Elijah and Joy joined me upstairs where I went back to putting away my purchases of the day...quite a few art supplies for our art classes. After supper Woody walked to the prayer room at church and still hasn't returned. I think that I will see if I can make another Christmas ornament or two as I stocked up on some needed supplies on my afternoon "shopping excursion."

No comments:

Post a Comment