Thursday, September 12, 2013

A View of Today...Sort Of...

Tonight's photo shows a view that I saw today...but it was taken back in February on our way to NIH. I always enjoy this view as we head toward's McMinnville, TN...it is one of the first clear views that one has of the Highland Rim when traveling on Highway 55. Today's trip found me going the way that we go to NIH...but this time got to stop long before the NIH destination! This time I was just going to my personal care physician in McMinnville for my six-month check-in with the doctor and to have blood work done. I rarely drive out of Tullahoma and prefer not to drive distances...but this time as it approached time to leave, my driver was still on his morning walk...he had forgotten about my appointment! He left for his walk before I got up so he hadn't been reminded today...though last evening he had asked me what time my appointment was today...oh, well...I was only slightly late for my appointment and made it safely there and back. Since I was gone this morning I cancelled school for today. I rested for a while after coming home and eating brunch (since I had to miss breakfast due to my blood work). I thought for sure that I would doze off, but didn't. After resting for a while I came into the sewing room and worked in here the rest of the afternoon...just now taking a break to find an appropriate photo and then to blog. (I didn't have to cook tonight as we had leftovers.) We actually had a storm come through late this afternoon. We hadn't had rain in quite a while...we were getting quite dry after all the rain that we had during the spring and a good part of the summer. It was good to hear the rumbles and hear the rain on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment