Saturday, September 14, 2013

What a Beautiful Saturday!

It has been a delightful day...beautiful temps and lower humidity...definitely one of those days that says that Fall is on the way! Woody did our grocery shopping this morning. Then a bit later he walked to the library and on the way home he stopped at the fruit and veggie market...good apples and tomatoes. I got started by putting in a load of wash...just remembered a few minutes ago that I had never transferred the clothes over to the drier...guess other tasks got in the way! I "will" (if I remember) head down and put them in the drier after I blog! I did some cooking this afternoon. I made Carrot Ginger Soup...something that Woody had when we at at The Trellis in Williamsburg. Tonight's photos are from that trip...the second one shows the interesting overhead lights in the restaurant. Anyway, I attempted to recreate the soup that they served Woody. I doubt that it tastes the same...but it was good nonetheless! After sampling the soup for a late lunch, I launched off into making Amish Friendship Bread...the starter was ready once again to make bread...every ten days! Just before getting underway with the bread...while I was taking a bit of a break, the doorbell rang and one of my dear friend's daughter was on the other side of the door. She was over in the neighborhood showing her two boys the house where she had grown up. And, best of all she had her mother in the van with them. I hadn't seen my friend for several weeks as she hasn't been feeling well. So it was a triple treat...getting to see her, getting to see her daughter, and getting to see two of her grandchildren! We had such a nice visit. It was great to see that my friend was doing better. I came back inside after our visit and got busy baking the Amish Friendship bread. After that I was too tired to do much more today...I kept dozing off while I was trying to choose tonight's blog photos. I had something else chosen and then as I was writing this I decided that it was a good time to add in two more photos that I took while in Williamsburg. So changed out the photo that I had already put in the blog...now I will see if the changes worked once I publish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment