Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2000th Post!!!!!

A night to celebrate?!?  Just think since January 7, 2009 I have posted 2000 times on this blog.  And, I know that there are some who have read every word I have written...more power to you!  I have been told that I am verbose, etc...but I am just having an "enjoyable time" keeping friends and some we have never met up to date with the status of Woody's melanoma. I enjoy coming in nightly (except Sunday...my day off from blogging) to "talk" with all of you. I have attempted to keep the posts at least a bit interesting...especially when they are just about our daily drivel.  I am happy that I continue to keep everyone up to date on Woody since when I started this blog, I never dreamed that I would still be at it since Woody was given such a short time to live.  Here I sit 69 months later still typing away about our daily doings..praising God for all this "extra" time that He has given us with Woody (since he was given less than a year to live in December 2008).  When I  first started blogging, I just wrote a post when it was pertinent to something that was happening with Woody...surgeries, treatments, etc.  But at Woody's suggestion I started blogging daily...that way you, my readers, didn't have to guess when I would post.  There have been times when things were rather tense with "things" that were going on with Woody so those days I blogged several times in a day to keep you up to date on what was happening.  It helped me to be able to share some of those tense times and ask for prayer as I sat sometimes rather overwhelmed at Woody's hospital bedside. The blog posts are like diary posts and I refer back to them at times to get time frames in mind or remember something pertinent to tell the docs...one excuse about why I go into so much detail sometimes. Anyway...thanks to all who have stuck with me through thick and thin.  I hope that some of you that I don't know have gleaned something about Melanoma treatments that you might be facing or that a loved one might be facing. Thanks for listening to/reading my words for all these days/months/years.  2000 posts certainly equal a lot of words. Wonder if I will be posting 2000 posts from now!  Time will tell!

Today we got back into routine after yesterday's Labor Day celebration.  I had school this morning with Isaac and Elijah and then listened individually to Esther, Joy, Abigail, and Graham read.  Then this afternoon I took it easy.  We have enjoyed Labor Day leftovers...so no cooking. Abigail is happy as the shoes that were ordered for her came in so we took her to pick them up.  Woody walked to the prayer room this evening and has just returned.  He said that he hasn't experienced any more fatigue like he did yesterday morning...so that is good.

1 comment:

  1. I have read every post and have felt like I have become one of the family! It has been amazing to read about health issues, grandchildren issues, and everyday issues. I have felt like your neighbor, sharing everyday life with the Dorrell families. Thanks for letting me take a peek inside the workings of some very very nice people. It has been great!

    ReplyDelete