Saturday, September 27, 2014

First of the "Series"

This morning I got up and headed into the sewing room.  I was determined to finish the blocks to the point that I had fabric for so I could go back to the quilt store today to get fabric for the next step.  I finished the twelve blocks fairly quickly.  Then I got to thinking about the quilts that I had already made for Nathan and Kathy's children. So looked at pictures of each of them and have decided to share them here on the blog.  My first quilt was for Abigail...a crib size quilt.  I made this for her when she was still a baby (2004). It is a Sunbonnet Sue quilt.  I had gotten Sunbonnet machine embroidery designs and wanted to use them on something and came up with this idea that let me use most of the redwork designs plus a few more that I had to finish off the little blocks and the corner blocks. My Aunt Lois instilled in me a love for the sunbonnet characters. If you click on it you can see the designs better.  Here's a close-up of one corner of the quilt:

Woody headed off for his usual Saturday errands around town...grocery stores and library.  Later in the day he did some mowing and also planted grass seed...as we have given up on the city reseeding the part of our yard that they dug up earlier in the year to work on sewer lines.  I went to the quilt store after lunch.  Then came home and popped the fabric into the washer and then drier so it will be ready when I have time to do the next step--the sashing around the blocks I have made. This evening I have been putting the final touches on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson for my ladies' class.  Woody has been reading, working cross word puzzles, watching baseball and football.  

No comments:

Post a Comment