Friday, September 12, 2014

A Little of This and a Little of That

Tonight's title describes what Woody and I have done around here today.  I have gotten back to work on Isaac's quilt and have another animal head (alligator) machine embroidered on a large square.  I have the thread chosen and the fabric square ready to do the next one (hippo).  Woody started out the day with a four-mile walk. After he got back he did some weeding in one of the gardens.  I started doing some wash and got it to a point before noon and will finish drying the two loads when the magic 8pm hour arrives.  I also did a little (very little) cleaning. Graham came over to try to figure out how to get his RC helicopter to work with the transmitter Graham already has. He and Goosey (Woody) are researching it. We both cooked part of the supper tonight--Woody the veggies and I the meat.  I came upstairs to rest for a few minutes after we finished eating supper and I gave Woody the job of emptying the dishwasher.  When I go back downstairs after I blog, I will load the dishwasher and then get the drier going again.  I did take a little nap when I sat down to rest after supper.  So maybe I'll feel like doing another square for Isaac's quilt tonight...but then again...after I fold clothes and put them away I may not feel like it.  I am still coughing, but continue to "think" that it is going away...slowly but surely (hopefully). The temperatures have been much more pleasant today.  I hadn't gone outside today till I went to cut some fresh herbs for the chicken recipe that I was making and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it was cooler and much less humid...a sign that Fall is close upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment