Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Rainy Wednesday Afternoon

Woody got his four-mile walk in early...before the heat set in and also before what ended up being a rather wet afternoon.  We had school this morning...typical Wednesday...Isaac came over first, then Elijah for his lessons (he's going great guns with reading our Dick and Jane books), then I listened individually to Joy and Abigail read.  Then it was time for Esther's sewing lesson with me and Graham's chemestry lesson with Woody.  Esther finished up with the cross stitch and started in on preparations to make it into a bookmark.  After lunch Woody headed off to do his weekly Wednesday Krogering and I headed of to work in the library.  Before I got to the library it had started to sprinkle and was starting to come down a bit harder by the time that I got out of the car.  It let up for a while and when we left the library a couple of hours later it wasn't raining.  I decided that I would run an errand while I was out.  When I came out of the store, the sky was getting really dark towards where I was heading (home).  I pulled back into our driveway just as it started to pour.  I tried to wait out the rain...but after 20 min. with no signs of it letting up...I decided that I wouldn't melt and headed on inside and got drenched.  I was right...I didn't melt!  I was glad that I came on in as it continued to rain quite hard for some time after I got inside. Woody is doing crossword puzzles and watching TV and I have been reading and fiddling around on my iPad...just another quiet evening in the Dorrell household.

No comments:

Post a Comment