Friday, September 26, 2014

The Ten-Hour Test

This morning Elijah came over to see us.  He asked Goosey (Woody) for some juice.  Well, at some point he spilled some when he was drinking it and Goosey handed him a paper towel.  Elijah placed it on top of the spill and said, "now leave it for ten hours and it will be gone!"  We're still waiting as the ten hour time limit hasn't occurred yet!  I'm hoping that this trick works and that all the stickiness is gone too.  Time will tell!

Woody went on his four-mile walk again late in the afternoon.  I asked him when he got home if he had gotten wet.  He said that he had gotten a bit wet.  He told me that not long after he left he thought to himself that I needed to be on the walk with my camera as the clouds were really interesting...some really dark and some really white.  I don't think that he expected a shower to pop up!  He was about a half-hour+ into his walk when it started raining here...the sun was out, but it was pouring.  All I could think was: "There's a rainbow somewhere." and "Woody is probably getting wet."  It didn't rain long.

I talked for quite a long time (perhaps a record) with my sister this afternoon.  It seems like lately we haven't gotten to talk much...so I guess we were making up for lost time.  We chased a lot of rabbits! I have also gotten more done on Isaac's quilt.  The animal squares all have the strip added to the bottom of them and they have been trimmed to the proper size, so now I am making  "triangle squares" for the corner of the block.  They are sewn together and now I am doing the trimming.  So the main squares are coming right along.  Someone invented a nifty "ruler" to create these triangle squares. I'm glad that this measuring tool was invented as it has taken the math work out of this step...thank goodness!

I forgot to mention in yesterday's blog that Woody took care of the grandchildren for a while yesterday afternoon.  Nathan came over and made arrangements with Woody, while I was reading with Graham so I didn't know anything about it till Woody told my "good bye" and where he was going.  Kathy and Nathan were in search of a birthday present for Abigail and perhaps one for Joy.  October is right on September's heels so that means that their birthdays will be here before we know it.  We have Joy's present, but so far haven't come up with what we will give Abigail.  Yesterday I asked Abigail for some suggestions.  So she went home and made a list...she said that it would be a list for her birthday and Christmas so we could choose from it and she would still be surprised!  Very thoughtful!  Kathy hand delivered the list to us...and made another suggestion that Abigail hadn't thought about.  Now for us to make a decision and find what we want (not always easy in little Tullahoma)!

No comments:

Post a Comment