Monday, September 15, 2014

Farewell to Summer

Summer slipped in one last shower this afternoon before it bids us good bye and we welcome Fall.  The morning dawned fairly chilly...chilly enough for Woody to head out on his walk with a sweatshirt on...but upon arrival back at the house after walking four miles the sweatshirt had been shed.  I ran an errand this morning and I noticed that the humidity was back up...perhaps a foreboding of the rain to come.  I bought the thread that I needed to get back to work on the squares for Isaac's quilt and had a tweak done on my machine.  When I got home I ate lunch and was going to get back to sewing when the rain arrived.  I wasn't sure if any lightning was going to accompany the rain so I put off sewing till after supper (as in right now my machine is sewing away as I type this). Woody managed to get some mowing in before the rain.  I made chili for our supper.  Woody helped by opening all the cans and draining and rinsing the beans.  We have eaten and now I am back upstairs sewing and blogging away.  I got my "going to Vanderbilt bag" out so I could check the time of Woody's first appointment.  Now I can fill the bag with what I will need to occupy my time while waiting for lots of hours.  I'm sure that Woody will get up and print out as many crossword puzzles as he has access to at that hour(something like 9 that he does most days). I'm sure that a good part of our day will be taken up with either the trip to and from  Nashville and the time in labs, various waiting rooms, doctor's exam room, and infusion room while at Vandy.  Well, my machine is beeping that it has run out of bobbin thread (nice to have a machine that talks to you) so I'll go put a new bobbin and and get the embroidering back underway.  I just have two more designs left after this one...over the weekend I sewed out a hippo, a giraffe, a brown bear, and now working on a lion...just have an elephant and a koala left to complete the animals for Isaac's Zoo Window Quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment